Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Easter Eggs - A Silly Poem


We hope you enjoy our Easter Egg poem. We love all holidays and Easter is right at the top of our list.  Egg hunts were always the highlight of the holiday when we had little ones. Enjoy the holiday that welcomes Spring and allows us to reflect on the hope of new life that surrounds this time of year.

If you have a little one you may like our Easter picture book, The New Life of Easter.  It uses examples from nature to help explain the resurrection.  See it on Amazon by clicking HERE.

Happy Easter!



Easter eggs are so pretty and bright.
I'm going to color a dozen tonight.

The dye is poured and all in a row.
It looks like a liquid rainbow.

Eggs break easy. I have to take care.
Once they are cracked there is no repair.

Time to remove them from their dye soak.
Whoops! Dropped the red. Eww, I see its yolk.

No more mistakes. Let's take out the blue.
Whoops! There it went. It crashed on my shoe.

Finally success! I have a nice green one.
It gets easier as each one is done.

The rest survive to dry on the rack.
So I have ten to display and two for a snack.

Copyright CM Dixon Feb 2013


1 comment: